Saturday, July 25, 2015

Loyola University Chicago

On the far north side of Chicago, up against Lake Michigan...


...along the elevated "El" train system (with some fancy new apartments or condos being built in the background)...



The Loyola U. Chicago campus offers extensive signage as to where you are...


Driving north on Chicago's famous Sheridan Road, one encounters a high-traffic, winding passage through LUC.


Here are two views of the campus sign at this turn.


The gray high-rise around the turn is the Mundelein Center (below). The building was part of the former Mundelein College (1929-1991) for women, which was absorbed by Loyola. I remember that when I was a kid in the early 1970s and my maternal grandparents lived on Sheridan, my Uncle David would take me to run around the track at Mundelein when I visited Chicago.


The interior of the campus contains some new construction, such as the Quinlan Life Sciences Building...

...along with some older structures featuring a distinctive architectural style...



LUC is an attractive and easy-to-reach campus, worth a visit from campus aficionados.